Trend Micro protects your computer against malware and viruses but also protects your computer from hackers, spreadsheets and other documents through applications and interfaces that access your network. A firewall is a program to block such service which is suspicious in nature. It is an automated program that runs in the background through the console. You can use both firewalls for protection, or you can use the Trend Micro firewall instead of Windows Firewall if needed. To download the new Trend Micro and activate visit www trendmicro bestbuypc.
Allowing the Firewall
To enhance the Trend Micro antivirus program, press "Windows-Z" on the start screen to launch the Windows 8 application bar.
- Click the All Programs icon.
- Move down to the Trend Micro Internet Security.
- Move cursor on the "Trend Micro Internet Security" icon.
- Click on the Personal Firewall Controls.
- Click Preferences under the Private Firewall heading
- Click the checkbox next to Publish Personal Firewall.
The Trend Micro firewall is busy in nature as it always protects from malicious content over the internet.
Security Degrees in Trend Micro
Setting the Trend Micro firewall also allows you to adjust the security level of the firewall profile. This can be useful when you need other computers on your company's computer system to get the system, but avoid links from outside the company. There is a slide that uses to increase or decrease the security level in the firewall.
Some Exception in Firewall program
In the window firewall, you may add the application that you want to the exception for blocking. The same thing can happen in Trend Micro. To include exceptions, click "Advanced Settings" under the Firewall Profile Security Level heading inside the firewall settings item.
- Click the "Program Control" tab
- Click "Insert" Enter the title of the application block or, what you must allow, in the Description field.
- You can block or allow any application you need in the Trend Micro firewall, such as remote access applications, clients, and even sharing applications.
- Click on the circle following the "Choose program" and click "Browse" select the application directory path.
- Click on the "Straight" to block or allow Internet connectivity to a specific application, or click the circle next to "Advanced" to define blocking or allowing the interface, protocol or internet protocol address for your application.
- Click the circle next to "Allow", "Block" or "Just warn" to choose the steps to select the application.
- This option appears only if "Simple" is selected.
- Click "OK". Click "OK" to save the firewall setting.
Trend Micro Advanced Preferences
In the Advanced setting, you can enter the IP address of the website or any application that you want to block. To apply this setting, you first need to know which application or website protocol the application is using. This kind of data can be found in the program documentation. Click "OK" to go to advanced settings and then click "OK" to finalize the exclusion. By click Ok you can save the setting of advanced preferences. After that, you can check that the website or application is working or not based on settings.